From Thanksgiving through Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa, it’s a special time of year to show our love and appreciation for all those who’ve impacted our lives. Here are some endearing gift ideas that will warm the hearts of the lucky recipients, including yourself.
Gifts for Inner Growth
Our first three suggestions are perennial gifts that stand the test of time.
1. TM Gift Certificates. Give the gift of transcendence to a loved one who has shown interest in learning the Transcendental Meditation (TM) technique but lacks the means or just needs that extra nudge. These no-risk gift certificates are easy to create and use. Find everything you need to give someone the TM course.
2. Weekend TM Retreats. Give someone the chance to gain additional deep rest and profound knowledge by attending one of our transformative weekend TM Retreats. Or treat yourself—it’s a wonderful way to start the new year. Learn more here.
3. One-Day TM Retreats. Similar to the weekend courses, a one-day TM Retreat can be surprisingly revitalizing and restorative, while deepening the experience and benefits of regular TM practice. One-day TM Retreats are available in many locations around the US. Learn more here.
Gifts for Travel and Enrichment
Did you know that Maharishi International University (MIU; formerly Maharishi University of Management, MUM) offers Travel Tours and Online Enrichment Courses? They’re also providing a generous 20 percent holiday discount for their online courses! Here are three popular options to consider:
4. MIU Tour of Italy: Consciousness Illumines Beauty, May 2020. You’ve seen the fascinating articles about Professor Matthew Beaufort’s illuminating art tours to Italy through Maharishi International University. What a wonderful way for you and the whole family to experience Italian culture together! His tour would also make a lovely gift for a graduating scholar or to celebrate an anniversary or other special occasion. Learn more here.
5. Ayurvedic Cooking for Perfect Health. Master chefs and experts in Maharishi AyurVeda® discuss the best ingredients, cooking techniques, and recipes for a balanced vegetarian diet in this 10-lesson introduction. Demonstration of over 35 international dishes, including breakfast foods, soups, salads, main dishes, and desserts; quick meals for busy people; and recipes and food prep techniques designed specifically for children. Be sure to use holiday coupon code: save20percent.
6. Inner State of Yoga: The Key to Success, Happiness, and Enlightenment. What is Yoga? How can we experience Yoga? What is the value of Yoga, both for individual life and community life? Explore the different aspects of Yoga and its ancient sources in light of Maharishi Vedic ScienceSM in this 4-lesson course by eminent MIU professor and Vedic scholar William Sands, Ph.D. Use holiday coupon code: save20percent.
Gifts for Better Health
7. Luxurious Cleansing and Detox. For everyone who’s serious about maintaining or improving their health, seasonal cleanses are profoundly beneficial. Visit Fairfield, Iowa, to take advantage of The Raj, America’s premiere Maharishi Ayurveda® Health Center, or the new, state-of-the-art Maharishi AyurVeda Integrative Health Center on the MIU campus. Learn more here.
8. Maharishi AyurVeda (MAPI) products to balance body and mind. Everyone on your holiday list can benefit from these wonderful gifts, which also make excellent stocking stuffers! Get a 20% discount on your first order here.
Herbal supplements, teas, essential oils, spices, and other MAPI products are developed by Maharishi AyurVeda experts using time-tested knowledge of natural healthcare. Made with the highest quality herbal ingredients, including certified organic, these help to create balance and stabilize good health.
9. Maharishi AyurVeda Gift Certificates and Gift Baskets. Not sure what to give? You can’t go wrong with a Gift Card.
Books for Personal Growth
Books are always appreciated and suitable for meditators and those we’d like to introduce to this invaluable technique. Here are a few excellent publications, some of which are already bestsellers. For more books, visit MIU Press.
10. Science of Being and Art of Living, by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. In this classic 1963 book, which has reached millions of readers, Maharishi unfolds his vision for “a new humanity developed in all life’s values—physical, mental, material, and spiritual.” Soon after Maharishi began his world tours in 1959, his students urged him to commit his great teaching to paper. By 1963 he had completed this fascinating book, which presents his systematic investigation into the ultimate reality of the universe. Find the latest edition here.
11. Strength in Stillness: The Power of Transcendental Meditation, by Bob Roth. This New York Times and Amazon bestseller is a simple, practical, and straightforward guide from a world authority on the Transcendental Meditation technique. Mr. Roth has spent forty-five years helping people access their innate creativity and power by enlivening the field of pure consciousness within. He has personally taught the TM course to students ranging from Fortune 100 CEOs to Oprah Winfrey, from war-scarred veterans to inner-city youth. Order your copy here.
12. Consciousness and the Quantum: The Next Paradigm, by Robert M. Oates, Jr., now available at MIU Press. At the dawn of the quantum era, several physicists gave consciousness-based explanations for the new quantum mechanics, but there was no theory of consciousness at the time. This thrilling, accessible book presents quantum mechanics in light of Maharishi’s field theory of consciousness. It’s also available at the MIU bookstore. If you’re an alum, be sure to ask about your discount.
13. Convenient and popular eBooks. Several classic and bestselling books on the TM technique are now available in eBook format, in both Amazon Kindle and Apple iBook versions. Give the knowledge seekers on your gift list Maharishi’s Science of Being and Art of Living and two other titles available through MUM Press. Check out eBooks here.
Additional Kindle titles available from Amazon.com:
• Strength in Stillness, by Bob Roth—New York Times and Amazon bestseller • Catching the Big Fish, by David Lynch—insights into the creative process of the renowned filmmaker • Super Mind, by Norman Rosenthal, M.D.—New York Times and Amazon bestseller
Gifts for Honoring and Helping Others
Donating to a TM organization on behalf of family and friends is a wonderful way to honor them:
14. To help grow the TM Scholarship Fund at their local TM Center, donate to TMFriends.org and select their Center’s name.
15. If they would like to support Consciousness-BasedSM education and TM research, donate to Maharishi International University (formerly Maharishi University of Management).