Iconic filmmaker David Lynch and actor-comedian Russell Brand shared a free-wheeling conversation for the audience at the Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles on June 9, 2019. Proceeds from the live-streamed event benefited the David Lynch FoundationSM (DLF) and Friendly House, to bring the Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) technique to women recovering from addiction.
DLF CEO and long-time TM teacher Bob Roth took part in the wide-ranging exchange, passing along questions from the audience, adding an occasional “science alert,” and noting it was like being in the living room with his good friends Lynch and Brand.
Settle in and enjoy this one-of-a-kind conversation on
- The nature of transcendence
- Brand’s new podcast, “Under the Skin”
- The music Lynch listened to while writing Blue Velvet, and how it shaped the score
- 12-step programs and spiritual quests
- Falling in love with an idea
- How real peace is within us all
- The kids performing a play on a cold Iowa night who inspired the David Lynch Foundation
- How group practice of the TM-Sidhi® program, including Yogic Flying®, helps create world peace
- And more
As Lynch said, “Within every human being, there is a treasury, a field of pure, unbounded consciousness.” The TM technique allows us to “dive within and experience this field, and when we do, we expand in the positive qualities of intelligence, creativity, energy, peace. The side-effect is that negativity—anger, sorrow, jealousy—recedes.”
“Within every human being there is a treasury, a field of pure, unbounded consciousness.” —David Lynch